general376 wordsRead on Arc Codex

MEA says removal of temporary structure outside Pakistan High Commission was ‘proportionate action’

The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) on Friday said that the removal of temporary structures from the lane outside the Pakistan High Commission in New Delhi was a “proportionate action” in response to Pakistani authorities dismantling some structures outside the Indian High Commission in Islamabad. The development comes days after Pakistani authorities removed parking poles and other security-related structures outside the Indian High Commission in Islamabad. Addressing a media briefing in New Delhi, MEA spokesperson Randhir Jaiswal said the Indian side had requested Pakistani authorities not to remove the structures, but they went ahead with the action. “Some of the structures in front of the Indian High Commission in Pakistan were removed for the convenience of parking. Despite this, we requested them not to do this. So after that happened, we took what we might call a proportionate action in response,” Jaiswal said. Jaiswal said temporary structures placed in the lane outside the Pakistani High Commission in New Delhi were subsequently removed. “They had some temporary structures in the lane of the Pakistani High Commission here, so we removed them from there,” the MEA spokesperson said. According to government sources, the action in New Delhi on Thursday involved the removal of a queue liner installed outside the Pakistan High Commission. The structure had been placed in the lane outside the diplomatic mission. The Indian move came three days after Pakistani authorities dismantled security poles outside India's diplomatic mission in Islamabad, prompting New Delhi to respond with what it described as a proportionate measure. The reciprocal action comes amid strained India-Pakistan ties following the Pahalgam terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir in April 2025, in which 26 people were killed in the name of religion. India has maintained a firm position against Pakistan-backed terrorism and has repeatedly called for credible and verifiable action against those responsible for supporting cross-border terror. The Pahalgam terror attack was followed by a strong Indian military response, with New Delhi launching Operation Sindoor in retaliation and targeting terror infrastructure. Military exchanges between the two sides continued until May 10, 2025, when a ceasefire understanding was reached. Stay informed on all the latest news, real-time breaking news updates, and follow all the important headlines in india news and world news on Zee News.

How it works

Once you click Generate, Ollama reads this article and crafts 5 comprehension questions. Your answers are graded against the article content — general knowledge won't be enough. Score 70+ to count toward your certificate.

Questions are cached — you'll always get the same 5 for this article.